After decades of allowing users to draw and edit tiny little toolbar icons using the built in icon editor of WordPerfect, the latest release – WordPerfect X7 – has replaced the “edit” button with an “import” button.
it’s a sad click-and-drag coloring day.
BUT. If you still have an older version of Wordperfect, don’t uninstall it! You can create and edit icons for import in WPx7.
Just create your masterpiece as usual, and then
1. Click the Copy button at the bottom of the WordPerfect icon editor
2. Open the Paint program that comes pre-installed on every Windows machine
3. Paste (CTRL+V for you keyboarders out there)
4. Click “Crop” in the toolbar (the pasted image should already be selected after pasting) and
5. Save the icon with the .png extension.
Then when you see that “import” button as you customize your WordPerfect x7 toolbar, you can import your custom creation. The image should be a 16 x 16 pixel .png image and icons created with previous versions of WordPerfect are exactly the right size.
Two icons that I used regularly over the years were for Letterhead forms and Internal Memo forms. Here are a few in different colors. Just right click to save the image.