For a printable PDF version, CLICK HERE
The first and most obvious reason the “Print” button would be grayed out is if you are trying to print a blank document. It happens. We get busy, we speed up, a Ctrl+F6 or a Ctrl+N sneaks in just before a Ctrl+P and the next thing we know, we have a gray Print button.
So…Question #1: Is there anything in your document? Text? a Text Box? an Image? Bueller?
I realize that’s the equivalent of asking you if your computer is plugged in and I apologize if you’re giving your monitor the stink eye right now, but we needed to eliminate that possibility right up front.
If your document isn’t empty, then follow these steps:
Continue reading ““Print” Button Grayed out in WordPerfect Print Dialog Box?”
Is WordPerfect PDF only publishing the current page of the document unless you select/highlight the entire document text?
1. In WordPerfect, click File, Publish to PDF.
2. Select “Settings . . . ” in the bottom right corner of the dialog box.
3. Change the “Export range” to “Full Document” and click “OK” to save the new setting.
4. Cancel the “Publish to PDF” menu and, as an extra precaution, exit WordPerfect to make sure the change holds.
Continue reading “Troubleshooting WordPerfect Publish to PDF.”
Did you get a replacement Treo and discover all your text messages were missing? Give this a shot:
Install the “Messages_Database.PDB”
I found mine in “c:\documents and settings\UserName\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\LastNameFirstInitial\Backupold”
If the “Messages_Database.PDB” isn’t found in the above folder, search for the file on your computer.
Good luck fellow Treonaut.
Facebook recently switched from allowing you to “Become a Fan” of a page to suggesting you “Like” a page.
One problem I noticed immediately? I could no longer see a complete listing of who “Likes” my page? (you could see a full listing of all the fans before)
Here’s a workaround:
1. Search the page on FB, using the full name of the page,
2. Instead of clicking the link to go to the page, click on “See More Results for…”.
3. From the results page, you should see the page link, along with “XXX People Like This.”
4. Click that (the XXX People Like This), and you’ll see the entire list of fans.
Who knows, maybe they’ll fix it. Eventually.
If you don’t see your own fan page status updates in your news feed, make sure they aren’t “hidden.”
1) Scroll to the bottom of your news feed. (in your PROFILE, not on your Fan Page)
2) Click on “Edit Options” toward the bottom right. (click on the image to enlarge it)
3) Make sure your Fan page isn’t listed in the “Hide” box on the right. If it is, just click the “x” on the right side of it to remove it.
Every once in a while, I dig into WordPerfect to disable a little known setting:
“Reformat documents for the WordPerfect default printer on open”
This eliminates a few different problems, two of which come immediately to mind:
1. Older WordPerfect documents won’t open correctly in a newer version of WordPerfect.
2. Existing documents won’t print to the correct paper trays, but new documents will.
Sometimes an error message will indicate a missing (and OLD) print driver, sending someone on a quest to find it. When it’s found and loaded on a new machine, WordPerfect can open the document.
That’s a good workaround, but sometimes an old printer driver can’t be found or and/or old universal drivers won’t do the trick. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more of this type of issue since HP isn’t making Windows 7 64 bit drivers for their old printers.
Try this instead: Click Tools, Settings, Environment, 2nd check box – UN-check “Reformat documents for the WordPerfect default printer on open”
Do you create autotext entries or buttons in Microsoft Word 2002, 2003 or XP but can’t seem to find them later?
If you also have Adobe Acrobat Professional or Standard loaded on your computer, you’re not imagining things or doing anything wrong! There’s a conflict between Word and Acrobat 7.0 which prevents autotext, macros, preferences and custom setting (like buttons) from saving in MS Word. For those of you who care or understand – Word ‘s “normal.dot” can’t save changes.
The good news is that Adobe knows about this problem and has issued an update! For detailed info and the download link, CLICK HERE to visit the “Tech Note” in the Adobe Knowledgebase.